Oct 14, 2011

The 4 Cs of your eyes...


Today is Friday… and hopefully by the time I post this entry you will have time to read it before you go party your heart out… or in, whichever makes you more comfortable. Anyway, today all of a sudden I got the urge to write again, simply because I have arrived at a most "precious" theory...

The day started with waking up, getting ready and trying to finish getting dressed and having breakfast as quietly as possible. I didn’t want to wake up poor roommate. But, of course no matter how much you have planned to keep it down, things always go in a different direction.  That is why I specifically tripped over every wire and pair of shoes, bumped into every door, corner and chair, and dropped everything from hair brushes to earrings. Well she is up! She is a pleasant polite soul, so she said
good morning and smiled at me. I don’t know why she did that, because if I were her, I would have strangled me by now… I just realized I might be giving her ideas so I will move on…  

Now we are at this point where I am in front of the mirror, and there I declare how small my eyes are. I will digress here to say that I have nothing against my eyes and this is not an insecurity issue… I just would have preferred a slightly different size, specifically a size that will match my cheeks! To my deceleration, my roommate comments as follows: “What? Your eyes are so cute”… and, wait for it, “they twinkle!” I must say I have never heard anyone say that about my eyes before. 

Now, thanks to my roomy, I have arrived at the following conclusion. How I have missed this matter before is beyond me, but here it is: Eyes are like diamonds!

And just like a diamond, eyes are evaluated by the four Cs, the cut, the color, the clarity and the carat. Cut is the shape of the eye: is it almond shaped, a bit droopy or round.  The color is well, I am sure you know this one. Clarity is determined by the twinkle and how much eyes shine, and carat is the eye's size, determined by length and width of the eye lid. In my case, I have diamonds (aka eye), of excellent clarity, and color. Yes, I know some might disagree about the color bit, but you see darker diamonds are among the most expensive in the world. As for the cut, I have almond shaped eyes, and we all know how good almonds are for you. The only thing is, per this new theory of mine, I have eyes of what we would call: a smaller carat. And that... I can live with…

My day was off to great start and I left my insightful roomy to her readings as I headed to work… twinkly eyes and all!

Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...