May 15, 2011

Going Home!

Can't go home at the moment ....:((( clashes in the area..Mwal3a el denia :(
That's what a friend from Palestine posted today as her facebook status at 2:13 pm. I look at the tiny clock at the corner of my laptop...it's 10:18 pm. I still haven't heard from her... I don't know if she arrived home or not.
Eventually, I know things will calm down. The dust will settle, the tear gas will disappear, the bullets will stop flying, the protesters will leave and the the dead or the wounded will be carried out of the streets...
But my friend will not go home... because my friend and many others, me included, have not been able to go home for years... not the home they want to go to or deserve anyway...
My friend has been waiting to go home for 63 years...
Many of my countrymen...have been waiting to live in a home that doesn't discriminate between it's residents...
Others have been waiting to breath freedom in theirs...
They say home is where the heart is, but our hearts have been broken or darkened with hate...
Today though, home seemed a little closer, a bit brighter. The air smelt a little different, the news channels used slightly different letters... or that's what so many of us wanted to see... Some choose to see hope, to hear faith... what else makes hundreds and thousands walk, march, or stomp unarmed to face what they face... 
Creative Commons LicenseThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...